This set of functions provides a means of interacting with rows in Data Extensions. Applications include:
- retrieving specific column values with simple criteria
- retrieving row sets with simple criteria
- executing predefined filters on data extension rows
- adding data extension rows
- updating column values in data extension rows
- retrieving row counts.
AMPscript functions that retrieve, update and delete rows in Data Extensions share a common characteristic: they can accept one or more column name/value pairs as parameters.
NOTE: Not all of the Data Extension functions can be used in the context of an email. A few are only intended for landing pages, microsite pages or CloudPages, while others are only for use in SMS messages.
NOTE: All Data Extensions have a hidden identity column called
_CustomObjectKey. It’s unique for each row in the Data Extension.