Marketing Cloud includes several AMPscript functions that enable interaction with Sales and Service Cloud object records and emails. Applications include:
- Creating or updating a record in a standard or custom Salesforce object
- Dynamically retrieving and personalizing fields from a Salesforce object in a Triggered Send email
- Creating a custom preference center to retrieve and update form fields from Sales Cloud objects
- Reviewing the status of a Salesforce Send email job (an email that is sent from Sales or Service Cloud using Marketing Cloud Connect)
- Converting the 15-digit Salesforce record identifier of a Contact to an 18-digit case-safe identifier when creating Subscriber records.
NOTE: Marketing Cloud Connect needs to be configured to use these AMPscript functions.