Exclusion scripts use AMPscript expressions which, if they evaluate to
true, suppress the sending of an email to the respective Subscriber. The following requirements apply to exclusion scripts:
- AMPscript blocks or inline AMPscript cannot be included
- Scripts cannot span multiple lines
- Variables cannot be set
- The expression must evaluate to
NOTE: You should only use exclusion scripts for exception handling, not for segmenting or excluding a large number of subscribers.
The following expression will suppress the sending of an email to a Subscriber if they do not have a points balance.
- A ‘Points’ value is returned by the AttributeValue function, based on the data source context of the Contact or Subscriber that the email is sent to.
- An Empty function checks if the points value is null or empty.
If this test evaluates to
true, then the email will not be sent.